Wondering what to wear in NYC this April? You’re not alone. With unpredictable weather, it can be hard to plan what to wear.
In New York City, fashion is very diverse, and the hottest trends come and go, so it’s best to take a few tips from each season and apply them to your wardrobe. This article will cover what you need to wear in NYC during April.
The weather is unpredictable in April since it can go from the 50s and 60s during the day till 45 or even 50 degrees at night. I would say that you would need a few layers and lighter coats to be prepared for this weather since it never gets much colder than 45˚, but if you’re going to do a lot of walking outside or taking long walks at night, then I’d say to bring your winter coats.
Here are few tips to keep in mind as the weather heats up!
1. Use a neutral color palette! You can always use a dark green or camel for winter and then maybe go in a brighter color for Spring. If you’re adventurous, try wearing bright colors for Spring to pop out or use a colorful scarf as one of your accessories.
2. Take your time getting ready! Wearing the same thing every day will soon become boring so if you’re deciding to pack for Spring, make sure to buy pieces that you can mix and match with.
3. Add a pop of color! You can always add a colorful scarf, colored jeans, or an interesting yet classic top.
4. Don’t pack for Summer. If you do, you’ll be stuck with all the same clothes as in Spring and winter, so make sure to buy pieces that have multiple seasons to them. If you are getting ready for the summer, choose pieces that are printed with flowers or graphics of the season and let them go this year!
5. Not sure what to pack? Pack less. You don’t need a lot of stuff because you’re going to be wearing something new every day, and you can always buy more stuff in between.
How to Pack:
When packing for a trip, consider three things:
- What will I be wearing?
- What will I be doing?
- What will the weather be like?
There is no point in packing a cocktail dress and high heels if you plan to spend most of your time walking around lower Manhattan or rocking your flip-flops to the Hamptons. It’s always a great idea to keep up with the latest weather forecast as it can be unpredictable and change daily. However, you still want to plan out what you are bringing and account for any last-minute changes that may occur.
Type of coat to wear in NYC in April?
When the weather heats up, the best outerwear option is a coat that you can easily put on over your outfit. A Trench coat or a simple denim jacket will look great when paired with anything from a skirt to jeans. They are also easy to take off if you suddenly feel hot. Also, try draping your favorite scarf over your shoulders—they’ll look chic and keep you warm without adding bulk to your outfit.
For women, what outfits to carry when traveling to New York in April?
Skirts can be tricky. If you’re going for a business meeting, try a pencil skirt in dark colors like red, blue or black and avoid very short skirts. For casual outfits, light blue jeans are the way to go with a gorgeous top in any color you like. Be sure to keep a nice blazer on hand when it’s getting colder outside, and remember that black or brown boots will go with anything. You can also try a dress if you’d like to avoid pants, but watch out for anything too short that might be inappropriate.
We have shortlisted few outfits for women that you may like:
For men, what outfits to carry when traveling to New York in April?
Modern suits are a great wardrobe staple that can be adapted for any season. The color of the suit should match your tie, and keep a neutral shirt in white or blue. Also, try to stay away from prints in the Spring as this is a great time to go for more classic looks, and like women, avoiding short-shorts if you’re in business. For casual wear, t-shirts or polos with jeans are a great choice.
Here are few outfits for man you may like:
- Men’s Classic Fit Short Sleeve Solid Soft Cotton Polo Shirt
- Hanes Men’s Long Sleeve Beefy Henley Shirt
- Champion Men’s Classic Jersey Graphic T-Shirt
- Authentic Men’s Long Sleeve Classic Woven Shirt
- Men’s Casual Suit Blazer Jackets
- Men’s Slim-fit Wrinkle-Resistant Flat-Front Chino Pant
- RAISEVERN Men/Women Sweatpants Funny Joggers
- Men’s Active Basic Jogger Fleece Pants
What to wear when sightseeing in NYC in April?
In general, you should plan on staying comfortable and bringing extra layers. You never know when a cool breeze might come up or when it will rain. For the first time visit to New York, all of the walking you’ll be doing can make you cold so bring something warm. Remember that it can get pretty warm at night, so bring a light jacket and bring more formal clothes if you’re going to be attending some fancy events.
Check this unisex light jacket:
It’s best for both men and women to wear waterproof and comfortable shoes enough to walk around all day. If you want to pack your favorite heels, flats, or boots, then pack an extra pair of shoe inserts to keep you pain-free when walking the streets for hours.
For Children, What clothes to bring to New York in April?
Bring warm, waterproof clothing for the weather. Also, bring an extra pair of shoes so you can take off your wet shoes and put them on again if it rains. Long pants and a jacket are also good to keep little ones warm. Many children’s stores carry raincoats for toddlers and leggings or pants that will keep children warm in the morning.
What Accessories to Bring in New York in April?
In general, ear and neck warmers make great accessories for the Spring. Knit hats are nice because they aren’t too heavy and, if you’re going to be out for the day, a scarf can be easily packed before leaving. Another accessory that can be very helpful is an umbrella. You’ll never know when it will rain or if it’s cold outside.
Is April a good time to visit NYC?
April is a great time of year to visit the city. It’s a time when you can still get some beautiful spring weather, but you also have the opportunity to enjoy all of the great things that NYC has to offer in Spring. There are many different festivals around this time, so if you’re looking for fun events, this is a great time to come!
Even though it’s nice out, be sure that you pack warm clothes as sometimes there are days when it is cold or rainy.
As you can see, there are many different things to do and places to visit in New York City in April. Don’t forget to pack on the heat and maybe take a little time to explore the city. There’s so much to do that you’ll want to enjoy all the great things New York City has to offer during this month.
Have a good time in New York in April, and cheers to Spring!